Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Can't Do This Again

I have two cats. The older one is Keegan, a fat orange tabby who I've had since he was barely a month old. He's got deformed back legs, and he's an affectionate, loving cat.

Right now, he's at the vet, waiting for an ultrasound.

He hasn't been eating or drinking, he started hiding from me, and last night, he urinated on my bed. In seven years, he's never, ever peed on my bed or my clothes. He's lost a lot of weight, and when I took him in at 7 o'clock this morning, the vet said he was badly dehydrated, jaundiced, and there's a mass in his abdomen. There might be something wrong with his kidneys.

He's been taken away from me and put on fluids. When he's a little more stable, they're going to ultrasound him to find out more about the mass.

I'm really, really hoping for some good news right now.

No comments: